Skip to main content

Negative thoughts and you.

             First it is worry, then it turns to doubt.... 

              Some days ago, I had an issue with someone. It was not a fall out, or anything big actually, just one of these harsh statements by individuals, that pierce through and through, and make you wonder if some things are actually  worth the stress. So, almost immediately after that took place, I began to worry so deeply. I was almost drifting off..., but then I remembered something. Something which made me stop dead in my tracks to depression. My mind went to something, and I realized that I had almost crossed the boundary. I realized I was going to be doubting my abilities soonest, so, like a reflex, I took the necessary actions. In no time, my joy was back, and all of those thoughts discarded😊.
         Most of us are familiar with Dunsin Oyekan's song that says..."first it was fragrance, then it turned to fire. My worship is my weapon.." .How about we rephrase it this way concerning our thought life..."first it was worry, then it turned to doubt. My thoughts are my weapons". I do not want to add that battle part, because reading our own phrase, what would follow logically is "..this is how I lose my battles", but that is so not happening. We are winning these battles by God's grace, Amen🙌.
            But to win these battles, we have work to do, as regards  our  mind and all. Let me begin with a few questions you should ask yourself now:

  • How far do you allow your mind to wander, before calling it back to reality?.
  • What is the first thing that comes to mind when you have an issue?.
  • How quickly do you curtail negative thoughts?.
  • What's your back up plan to fall back to, whenever the weight becomes heavy on you, and you don't seem to have control of your mind any longer?
                  The essence of these questions should not be underplayed. Most times, we are caught up in life's activities, that we fail to pay attention to these tiny things that actually matter a lot. These are things that actually  happen on a daily basis...for example, you may have a battle of words with someone, and you guys are so mean to each other, and on the face of it, you may seem to be in control, yet at the end of the day, you go back to think about all he/she said to you, and begin to question  his/her statements about you. Or maybe you have just killed yourself over a project which, to you came out as good, and you are still in the process of recuperating all lost energy, when someone  brutally demeans that project before you... not constructively or anything, but in a bid to cause you sorrow. Or say, someone just comes, and says something really awful about you, and still tells you that you deserve it.
               In most cases, you go back, and begin to think twice on that issue. You examine all the components of that statement, and ask yourself too many questions in one minute. You question your greatness, and wonder if you were fit to try out that stuff at all. Then, at some point, you are gradually agreeing with that person, and you say, maybe it's true.. I'm not so good after all😔...
               Okay, it's enough,...it's time to breathe, friend...

               Now is the right time to take a break from those statements or people, and focus on you.

            Just don't dwell on that negative thought for too long.
                 Do not be too harsh on yourself yet, and decide to set a boundary instead. Now you have to know the difference between thinking to look for solutions, and worrying with hopelessness.
                 You have to know when worry is drifting into unbelief in yourself, and when you should stop.
                You have to be able to identify the statements or thoughts you should discard, as soon as you come across them.
                  You know why,  because the cycle keeps going, something keeps giving birth to something, and slowly you are destroying your mind. Today, you are simply worrying about what someone said, and tomorrow, you begin to doubt your abilities. It may be too late before you realize it, and you may have lost so much in the process.
                  So, how really do you tackle this?
Have a backup plan. Yeah it goes a long way ✌️. Maybe music....the word of God....a shut out from everyone around to refuel,...or saying something reassuring to yourself.  Just know whatever works for you, and lavish yourself with it. There is no hard and fast rule to it.

                  Friend, this begins today, there should be no procrastination, because you really don't know what tomorrow would bring to the table. Set the boundaries now, and figure out your best backup plan. Don't forget you were born to rule, and rule you will!. Also, you are the best version of yourself, so don't let anyone make you feel less about it. I'll still say something about this in my next post. There is something more to know. Just stay tuned. Meanwhile, let me in on your thoughts in the comment section below, maybe your favourite back up plan, or how you handle yours best. I want to learn too☺️.
Think positive today, and have a great day ahead. Your favourite writer, Joy💜.

Comments

  1. This is a very nice piece, it address me in particular.
    Although sometimes we try to put on a strong look, acting as if we don't really care, but deep down we do care about that little comment from a friend or a colleague after a fracas.
    Just as you rightly said a back up plan is necessary, maybe music or movies or taking a walk .
    But there are moments when those backup plans doesn't do the magic.
    In your opinion what did you think we can do in those instances??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a time, somethings will look as if its not walking, sometimes it seems God's isn't talking.. So I think then we gat to be a bit patient, keeping the faith firm with positive thoughts and also working out positive alternatives behind the scene. Just like My Favourite Writer said, ″We don't really know what tomorrow will bring to the table″.
      Therefore, being positive at this period will be the profitable actions needed to be taken. You may take not my words but this - ″For as a Man think, so he is″, is very inevitable.

      Delete
    2. Thank you very much for this reply Benjamin. Being positive is very valid...that way, you keep the faith alive.
      Another that helps is time. I also learnt that very recently. Time heals, though not so quickly but surely. So if you've tried everything, and it's still not working, you should give it time. Don't overwork yourself. Just be patient, and give it time.
      During this time, one might as well consider working on his/ her self esteem. Positivity would not be a struggle anymore.

      Delete
  2. Nice writeup Joy���� Music does the trick for me... I just need some "Vince time" and good music and every negative/toxic thoughts vanishes ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Music..one of my faves too🙌, it's soothing effect is out of this world.
      "Vince time"..I like the sound of that 🤭. Thanks for the feedback Vince.. I'm grateful 🥰.

      Delete
  3. Wow
    This is really awesome

    We really can't live without having little misunderstanding or slight coincidental quarrels with each other because we are humans.
    And in those times music,movies or taking a walk might not solve it but I tell you that being calm and working on one's self esteem will help a whole lot.
    Also Time heals any pain,it might take time but it will surely heal..,an awesome write up indeed.
    Welldone ma ����
    I can and will win all the battles before me.

    ������

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure...you can, and you will win🙌.
      Thank you so much for the feedback.

      Delete
  4. Well this is true. I remember going through something similar in February this year. I had to literally excuse myself from those people that caused me so much pain and anxiety. That made me question myself and everything I know. Sometimes these things leaves scars that run deep. For me, I had to excuse myself from that environment even though it meant moving to another state for a while.
    This might not work for everybody but a little distance while you recover is okay. Time heals all wounds as they say
    Thanks for the write up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It work not for everybody but for others and fortunately, one work for you. Congratulations.
      Just to add a snippet to your comment; there are these negative vibes beings we sometimes called our friends or circles. They kill us, divides us, demotivate us, and even originate the fear in us. When such person are noticed, it's importunate we retract ourselves from them, to prevent further damages. However, congratulations again.

      Delete
    2. You are very much welcome...I appreciate your feedback too, and thanks for the reply Benjamin. You slayed it perfectly.

      Delete
  5. It is good that you were able to bounce back from the negative feelings of an argument. Sometimes, people drag it for way too long. We need to step aside and reevaluate our thoughts. The disagreement might not be worth it. Thanks for sharing!

    Nancy ♥ exquisitely.me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very much welcome Nancy💜.. you got the gist so well!!

      Delete
  6. I can be so hard to overcome those negative thoughts but changing our mindset is key to maintaining a healthy life. If we continue to life negatively it becomes all to easy to get stuck in a rut.
    Thank you for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome Nyxie... I'm glad you enjoyed it❣️.

      Delete
  7. This is a very good write up dear
    My backups are the things you mentioned but I think your write up has got me with positive motion.
    It is now my backup 😊😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwn😊..this is cute.
      Keep building your backup base.. it's very much allowed🤞.

      Delete
  8. 👌👌✌️a very nice piece. More grease to your elbow sis ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Other posts from this blog

Expectations, then...disappointments.

MITIGATING THE HURTS THAT COMES WITH DISAPPOINTMENT.                   Friend, welcome again 🥰.              Sometime  ago, I got a new phone, and as usual, it came with a charger. Because this phone was a higher brand than all those I've used before, coupled with all the rants I heard about  the extra power that comes with follow come chargers😂, I protected this phone's charger with an utmost care. To be honest, left to me, I would not have loved to share this charger with anyone, but normally, as the Nigerians that we are, someone somewhere just had to beg you😔🤦. Sometimes, they could even use it in your absence if kept carelessly. So, somehow I still shared. All the same, I still took very good care of that charger, such that even as I shared, my heart went out with it.          Then one day...this beloved charger just stopped responding. Just like that. I mean an abrupt end. No warning signals,no symptoms, no real fault on my part. It just gave up on me down there in th

WE ARE STILL HUMANS.

         Just before you carry out that action..                 The moderator  rolled in the announcements, and this was among. The third meeting in three weeks, was mentioned. Where the pastors would go and discuss redundant stuff that could wait, or be finalized on phone. But as usual, the senior pastor would hear none of that. He actually holds such meetings in high esteem, and sees anyone's failure to come, as disobedience.                Having  that realization hit him once more,and remembering that he was stuck, the junior pastor cried out in my front. Yeah...he blurted out:"It's still the same things we are going there to discuss"... and I'm quite tired and hungry😥. He just wished for a way to escape but there was none. The moderator would not even take his message, not to talk of relaying it to the senior pastor.                 That was when I felt it. I mean, this junior pastor is my friend, and he was not carnal or whatever. Truth be told, if you

How do you see humble beginnings??

             Frame It!!!....The best days are close already.           One day in my life, a long time after I had left secondary school, I was going through my school box, and lazily looking through all the last set of books I used during secondary school. Then I stumbled upon them. My different Journals and letters. The letters included those that were written to me, and those I failed to give out, due to lack of courage or any other reason. Boom! I sat down there and began to read. I've always loved reminiscence and reading with all my heart. So, I seamlessly spent quite sometime on that spot, reading those stuff, and trust me, I had a swell time. I laughed so hard, and I pinched myself at  different times. I am sure, you can guess the reason by now. Damn!...I felt stupefied and really surprised. For the letters I wrote, I kept on asking no one in particular..."Did I ever draft this?", "Like, Who does this? For those I received, I also asked myself.."Did I

For today only.

Friend!...Happy new month to you🤗.  Trust you have been good. Well, I am writing to you today about something on my mind.  Do you ever feel like you have gotten past the point of making wrong decisions in a certain area of your life, and then boom, just one day after you have certified yourself, you make a major disastrous decision?  I am with you on this one😩.  Here is the thing. Up until yesterday, I still did things which I am not proud of today. And yes, if you check it out, you will discover it is the same with you. One moment, you think you have a grip over everything, and the next moment, you are losing it all helplessly.  The truth is, you have very limited control. Limited foresight too. So, despite everything, you can only be so careful, you cannot be so certain.  And that is what gives birth to this message: Do not, in a bid to avoid stepping on stones, refuse to walk.  Do not decide not to explore, just because you are scared. Do not leave out moments because you are scar

You are unstoppable.

          This space has been less busy for a while now. So many things happening at the same time. My apologies.            So, what is it you've been going through lately?            Have you been having some hard time, or maybe hitting rough phases, facing obstacles, or meeting bad energies at almost every corner?             Let me share this with you.             Never see reasons to quit yet.             Whatever tunnel it is you are going through, it's just a phase. It will definitely pass. That I'm sure of. It is the exact time I'm clueless about.             Another thing is this, you're never in it alone.  There is hardly any person around who really doesn't have an issue which he/she is battling with. In clearer terms, you're better off than a whole lot of persons. Your case is not the deadliest. A whole lot of others see worse days. For this reason alone, never stop being grateful.            In this aspect, you too can relate. Most times, we all

About this blog.

                      LET'S BEGIN WITH THIS!!            Hi  dear...How have you been?Trust you've been great?         Thank you for agreeing to walk down this path with me.  It's all the reason I'm happy you're here. I mean...who doesn't like company??             That trashed, let's look the way of the blog. What is it all about? Why did I decide to write? For fun, education, information, communication, or what have you?..You can guess all day long, but let me save you the stress. My purpose of owning a blog, cuts across all those purposes I earlier mentioned, and more. Sounds like a brag,right?...Okay, let me cool you down with this...you are the main  reason why I am blogging today. Trust me if you were not there, I wouldn't dare. I'm writing just for you!💝            Let me not spill the whole beans here...we'll do that as we communicate gradually. You'll come back, right? Promise me☺..Alright then, thank you so much. It's 12:

Keeping the You alive.

                             Flowers, green grasses, and small clusters everywhere. It's an animal kingdom. A goat meets a fish, and they become friends. They come together, and discover their variances, as regards their way of living, habitat and all. Then one day, the goat begins to tell the fish, that if they must remain friends, the fish has to leave its own habitat, and come stay with the goat on land. What  do you think would happen if the fish, which is cut out to live in water, decides to please her friend the goat, and come to stay on land? Your guess is as good as mine.                In the above illustration, the goat, and the fish were the focus....In today's illustration, you are our focus.                   Your life is made up of dreams, values, beliefs, aspirations. Though some of yours could look like that of someone else, the combination of them all is unique to you only.                 Just like that fish, we all get to meet some points of decision everyday

The Limit of your Goodness.

            TILL YOUR SHADOWS STOP SHOWING UP...            I too, face this issue everytime…Fredrick has been getting on my nerves lately. His own was now too much. All I badly craved now was to pour venom on him..through words, or even literally. Rebecca is nothing close to grateful, and never takes note of any good I do, and I just want to scream my  grievance into her face one day, and stop myself from doing good anywhere around her.                  And then I keep asking,"when do I stop  being good?, When is the right time to strike these persons with the fact that I also have a bad side, and I’m not made with goodness all around? Which time is the best for revenge or total back-off?.             Well then, here's the answer you may not want to hear, but need..." Till   your shadows stop showing up ".☺️               What did you hear about shadows??..You ever heard they never showed up in a day??. Nahh... It's you who never went out. Shadows are l

Keys To A Happy Life

                           Let's talk, friend... What really do you plan to use all of those compliments which you've bottled up within yourself to do??. Let me guess...maybe save them all up till you're able to buy a fortune with it? Funny, right??..But this bothers me pretty much, so you have to tell me please. We'll come back to this later though, let us just not begin as enemies.            We would be learning about  keys to a happy life, today. I  garnered my information from a few personal encounters with persons, and my own application to life. Therefore, this list would not be exhaustive, but they're sure effective. Choke with Love:   Have you ever been stuck in a very tight corner with affection that the next air you sought to breathe was freedom? To me, and some others out there, that's one of the best feelings. I understand so well if you do not like it.. I've seen a lot of your type. Though it baffles me at how much I could love something