Skip to main content

For anything, anytime!

 Reliance: I now started Wondering if I actually look like an onions.
Vanessa: (Laughing hysterically) Oh my God!... It's well with us. But wait, ( She sits up, and glances at the clock on the wall) Reliance...It's almost ten a.m. What time did you plan to open your shop?
Reliance: I'll go by eleven joor. Sales have been pretty low this week, and I'm just not happy about it. It's killing the little vibes I gathered to open the business.
Valerie: So, what exactly do you want?
Reliance: C'mon...I have over a million naira worth of goods in that shop, and I keep on selling only a handful of goods per day all.
Valerie: Is that so? But at the time I passed yesterday, the whole place was scattered, like you had just sold over a hundred thousand nau..
Reliance: (In shock) Jesus!..what time was tha..
Valerie: In the afternoon joor..sometime between 1 and 2. I was on a bike, so I couldn't really stop to greet, but with that sight alone, I was just hailing you from afar.
Reliance: Okayyy...I remember. Issnur only hailing me from afar( she makes a funny face). That customer that I almost lost yesterday. Sis, you won't believe it was just one item that turned that place upside down oo...
Valerie: Ah ahn..are you serious? ( She adjusts on her chair).
Reliance: Yes nau...wait lemme gist you what happened. That customer came, and needed that item. I knew I had it, and I even checked my waybill to confirm it, and as expected, it  was actually delivered to me. Then I began to search for it. Truth is, I had no idea as to where it could be, and it was now a really small item. Heii... Valerie, I almost lost that customer. I spent close to 30 minutes searching fruitlessly, before God decided to show me mercy, and reveal where that stuff was hiding (She hits her forehead).
Valerie: Hmmm( now sober)...what other frustrating situation have you had there?
Reliance: It's been one week of tiny mistakes that almost cost me my customers. First of all ehn...I was just sitting on Tuesday morning, when a customer came to the shop, and asked for something. It's packed in a drum, and I have to bend it to be able to bring out any quantity to sell. I've just had people come to buy little, so I didn't bother turning the drum down permanently. So, when that customer came to buy a large quantity, I began to struggle with the drum.
Valerie: But why didn't you do it that way before?
Reliance: Because I wasn't expecting someone to come looking for such quantity at that time. Infact ehn, a worse one even happened...
Valerie: Tell me about it.
Reliance: You know I told you that I won't be printing receipts anytime soon?
Valerie: Yes. I think you mentioned that since you were just starting out, you could use that as an excuse, by the way customers didn't really need it.
Reliance: My sister, they need it oh. I was barely mistaken. Or not. Truth is, not all of them do, but my dear, some sales just won't take place without receipts. Except I want to keep selling to persons who want to buy really small items. Someone came to me the other day, and after we had agreed on the prices and items. Azinnn...this was one of the few customers who have come into that shop, and agreed to buy things without pricing anything.
Valerie: So, what now happened?
Reliance: Receipt ooh. It was when I was about to begin the supply, the guy asked for his receipt. That's when I told him my supposed excuse. He said he was sent from a company, and it was an official order, so they'll definitely be needing the receipt. Infact, we were both in a dilemma. He really wanted to buy from me, but his hands were tied. And I also wanted to sell for him, but I didn't have the needful. So, he left.
Valerie: Damn!.. that's so painful. It's well. So sis, from all of these your experiences, what have you garnered?
Reliance: Hmmm...I think I underrated myself or the business. I was aiming for a higher height, but I was not prepared for it in any way. I just kept praying or hoping for the best, without actually checking myself to be sure I could handle the best if it comes my way.
Valerie: True. Any other observation?
Reliance: Yeah...I can now attach a reason to why I've remained where I am. It's possible my attitude to the whole business could have been an hindrance to me. Imagine if that yesterday's customer decides not to patronize me again, because of the time he had to spend there?
Valerie: Girl, don't talk that way. He'll definitely come back. Anyways,  what are you going to put in place to remedy this?
Reliance: Aaaah...no dulling oo. I'm printing my receipts before next week. Then I already got myself a funnel on my way here. I'll also use this weekend to change the pattern of the shop to make all goods accessible whenever.
Valerie: Yasssssss... That's the spirit!
Reliance: I'm so happy to have considered coming here before going to shop today. I don't know why oh, but I saw myself coming inside your house this morning. Do you know since these events happened, I've not really thought about them this way. I just kept on calling village people. I'm surprised I was even able to say some observations when you asked me.
Valerie: You know me nau,(smiling to herself) I specialize in talking sense into people. I hold the key to your...
Reliance: (cuts in) Abeggiiii... Lemme comman be going before you start feeling yourself jare.(Stands up)
Valerie: (Standing up as well, and laughing) Is it eassssyyy?...Take care girlie, I wish you the best of sales today.
Reliance: Thank you sis..Byeee(She takes her leave)
         In life,  most times, the opportunities we seek come falling at our feet, and we stare at it for a while, not knowing how to go about it, or what to even do with it.
In all that you do,
 God sees.
The world sees.
Some people around you see.
Even the opportunity sees.
You know that scripture that says something like " God wouldn't bring temptations bigger than us, our way?". There's some message in there.
So,  what's the point in all of these talk?
Do the needful. Take those lessons.  Make those preparations.  Reset your mode.

Just do anything needful to get ready for that phase you're hoping, wishing, and praying for.
And while you don't stop believing, never cease preparing. The level you hope to reach, will soon become a conquered ground for you.
Thank you for coming through today, friend. This space had been quiet, because of some reasons. Most importantly,  I wrote, and  released my E-book recently, and left a whole lot of things for you in it. You should get it. It's only a click away.
Get it on Selz
Get it on payhip
Send me a mail.

Have an amazing day, week, month ahead. Your favourite writer, Joy💜.







Comments

Other posts from this blog

How do you see humble beginnings??

             Frame It!!!....The best days are close already.           One day in my life, a long time after I had left secondary school, I was going through my school box, and lazily looking through all the last set of books I used during secondary school. Then I stumbled upon them. My different Journals and letters. The letters included those that were written to me, and those I failed to give out, due to lack of courage or any other reason. Boom! I sat down there and began to read. I've always loved reminiscence and reading with all my heart. So, I seamlessly spent quite sometime on that spot, reading those stuff, and trust me, I had a swell time. I laughed so hard, and I pinched myself at  different times. I am sure, you can guess the reason by now. Damn!...I felt stupefied and really surprised. For the letters I wrote, I kept on asking no one in particular..."Did I ever draft this?", "Like, Who does this? For those I received, I also asked myself.."Did I

Negative thoughts and you.

             First it is worry, then it turns to doubt....                Some days ago, I had an issue with someone. It was not a fall out, or anything big actually, just one of these harsh statements by individuals, that pierce through and through, and make you wonder if some things are actually  worth the stress. So, almost immediately after that took place, I began to worry so deeply. I was almost drifting off..., but then I remembered something. Something which made me stop dead in my tracks to depression. My mind went to something, and I realized that I had almost crossed the boundary. I realized I was going to be doubting my abilities soonest, so, like a reflex, I took the necessary actions. In no time, my joy was back, and all of those thoughts discarded😊.          Most of us are familiar with Dunsin Oyekan's song that says..." first it was fragrance, then it turned to fire. My worship is my weapon.."  .How about we rephrase it this way concerning our thought

About this blog.

                      LET'S BEGIN WITH THIS!!            Hi  dear...How have you been?Trust you've been great?         Thank you for agreeing to walk down this path with me.  It's all the reason I'm happy you're here. I mean...who doesn't like company??             That trashed, let's look the way of the blog. What is it all about? Why did I decide to write? For fun, education, information, communication, or what have you?..You can guess all day long, but let me save you the stress. My purpose of owning a blog, cuts across all those purposes I earlier mentioned, and more. Sounds like a brag,right?...Okay, let me cool you down with this...you are the main  reason why I am blogging today. Trust me if you were not there, I wouldn't dare. I'm writing just for you!💝            Let me not spill the whole beans here...we'll do that as we communicate gradually. You'll come back, right? Promise me☺..Alright then, thank you so much. It's 12:

Keys To A Happy Life

                           Let's talk, friend... What really do you plan to use all of those compliments which you've bottled up within yourself to do??. Let me guess...maybe save them all up till you're able to buy a fortune with it? Funny, right??..But this bothers me pretty much, so you have to tell me please. We'll come back to this later though, let us just not begin as enemies.            We would be learning about  keys to a happy life, today. I  garnered my information from a few personal encounters with persons, and my own application to life. Therefore, this list would not be exhaustive, but they're sure effective. Choke with Love:   Have you ever been stuck in a very tight corner with affection that the next air you sought to breathe was freedom? To me, and some others out there, that's one of the best feelings. I understand so well if you do not like it.. I've seen a lot of your type. Though it baffles me at how much I could love something

Expectations, then...disappointments.

MITIGATING THE HURTS THAT COMES WITH DISAPPOINTMENT.                   Friend, welcome again 🥰.              Sometime  ago, I got a new phone, and as usual, it came with a charger. Because this phone was a higher brand than all those I've used before, coupled with all the rants I heard about  the extra power that comes with follow come chargers😂, I protected this phone's charger with an utmost care. To be honest, left to me, I would not have loved to share this charger with anyone, but normally, as the Nigerians that we are, someone somewhere just had to beg you😔🤦. Sometimes, they could even use it in your absence if kept carelessly. So, somehow I still shared. All the same, I still took very good care of that charger, such that even as I shared, my heart went out with it.          Then one day...this beloved charger just stopped responding. Just like that. I mean an abrupt end. No warning signals,no symptoms, no real fault on my part. It just gave up on me down there in th

WE ARE STILL HUMANS.

         Just before you carry out that action..                 The moderator  rolled in the announcements, and this was among. The third meeting in three weeks, was mentioned. Where the pastors would go and discuss redundant stuff that could wait, or be finalized on phone. But as usual, the senior pastor would hear none of that. He actually holds such meetings in high esteem, and sees anyone's failure to come, as disobedience.                Having  that realization hit him once more,and remembering that he was stuck, the junior pastor cried out in my front. Yeah...he blurted out:"It's still the same things we are going there to discuss"... and I'm quite tired and hungry😥. He just wished for a way to escape but there was none. The moderator would not even take his message, not to talk of relaying it to the senior pastor.                 That was when I felt it. I mean, this junior pastor is my friend, and he was not carnal or whatever. Truth be told, if you

For today only.

Friend!...Happy new month to you🤗.  Trust you have been good. Well, I am writing to you today about something on my mind.  Do you ever feel like you have gotten past the point of making wrong decisions in a certain area of your life, and then boom, just one day after you have certified yourself, you make a major disastrous decision?  I am with you on this one😩.  Here is the thing. Up until yesterday, I still did things which I am not proud of today. And yes, if you check it out, you will discover it is the same with you. One moment, you think you have a grip over everything, and the next moment, you are losing it all helplessly.  The truth is, you have very limited control. Limited foresight too. So, despite everything, you can only be so careful, you cannot be so certain.  And that is what gives birth to this message: Do not, in a bid to avoid stepping on stones, refuse to walk.  Do not decide not to explore, just because you are scared. Do not leave out moments because you are scar

The Limit of your Goodness.

            TILL YOUR SHADOWS STOP SHOWING UP...            I too, face this issue everytime…Fredrick has been getting on my nerves lately. His own was now too much. All I badly craved now was to pour venom on him..through words, or even literally. Rebecca is nothing close to grateful, and never takes note of any good I do, and I just want to scream my  grievance into her face one day, and stop myself from doing good anywhere around her.                  And then I keep asking,"when do I stop  being good?, When is the right time to strike these persons with the fact that I also have a bad side, and I’m not made with goodness all around? Which time is the best for revenge or total back-off?.             Well then, here's the answer you may not want to hear, but need..." Till   your shadows stop showing up ".☺️               What did you hear about shadows??..You ever heard they never showed up in a day??. Nahh... It's you who never went out. Shadows are l

Keeping the You alive.

                             Flowers, green grasses, and small clusters everywhere. It's an animal kingdom. A goat meets a fish, and they become friends. They come together, and discover their variances, as regards their way of living, habitat and all. Then one day, the goat begins to tell the fish, that if they must remain friends, the fish has to leave its own habitat, and come stay with the goat on land. What  do you think would happen if the fish, which is cut out to live in water, decides to please her friend the goat, and come to stay on land? Your guess is as good as mine.                In the above illustration, the goat, and the fish were the focus....In today's illustration, you are our focus.                   Your life is made up of dreams, values, beliefs, aspirations. Though some of yours could look like that of someone else, the combination of them all is unique to you only.                 Just like that fish, we all get to meet some points of decision everyday

On Comparison: What Reliance isn't seeing.

 So what is it? RELIANCE : I've not been feeling so fine lately. My health has been deteriorating without mercy. Of recent, I've had to visit the hospital twice for tests, to reassure myself that I'm not actually a sickler. VALERIE : Okayyyy...your OCD won this time around. RELIANCE : Stop it. You would have done the same if you were in my shoes. VALERIE : Oya now, no vex ma. RELIANCE : See ehn, that is not even my issue. So many things have been on my mind lately. VALERIE: (Sitting up) Hmmmm...Do you mind sharing? RELIANCE : Not really. Errhm...do you remember Ola? The girl we used to call smallie dah year? VALERIE: (Thinking aloud) Smallie...Ola...who...wait, wait, the one from our secondary school? RELIANCE : Ehen!( claps her hand)...I saw her. VALERIE : (Brightens up her eyes, and begins to smile) Oh my God..where? How was she looking? Where does she live? RELIANCE : Calm down madam...abi, I should leave you to do the talking? VALERIE : Sorry oo..Oya, I